Thank you for your interest in being a registered voter.
Registering to vote allows individuals to participate in elections and provides the opportunity to help decide who will serve in elected office. To register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. Citizen
- You must be 17 years old on or before the date of the Primary Election and turn 18 on or before the date of the General or Consolidated Election.
- A resident of your precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.
- You must not be serving a sentence of confinement in any penal institution as a result of a conviction.
- You may not claim the right to vote anywhere else.
In order to register, you must provide two forms of identification, one of which must include your current address. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Illinois driver’s license/ID Card
- Employee or student ID
- Credit Card
- Social Security card
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill in applicant’s name
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Public Aid I.D. Card
- Lease or rental contract